World Wide Walskes

Monday, April 16, 2007

I don't like the drugs, nor do the drugs like me

I was so scared to take The Clomid. Since my doctor is not a, shall we say, communicative person, the only way I've been able to find out ANYTHING about what is happening when I go into his office or "do what I'm told!" is by reading about it on the internets. So The Clomid? There's a whole ginormous lot of information on the internet. And what I know is from the laundry list of side effects, here's what I've had so far:

Hot Flashes
Nausea
Nervous Tension
Insomnia
Fatigue (duh! see aforementioned)

Today is may last day on The Clomid. What I haven't been able to figure out yet is when do these symptoms stop? Do they get worse as my cycle progresses? Will they intensify next month if we're not successful this month and have to do cycle 2?

On another topic, I had a client come into my office today who is four weeks pregnant (!) (shout out to all you TTC ladies out there!) and who got pregnant doing IVF with another doc in the same practice that I go to. It was her first cycle. I was so thrilled for her, and we just sat there talking about this drug and that procedure and basically, I'm sure, sounded like a couple of crazies. But you know? When you're on this TTC train, you're on it body and soul. And everyone around us is along for the ride, whether they want to be or not.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time I took Clomid, I had side effects- mainly being overly emotional. I got pregnant with my son the first month. I'm on it again (3 years later) and so far haven't had any. Although it's 3 a.m. and I'm wide awake, so maybe I do have insomnia.

I really hope it works for you. I haven't gone through nearly everything that you have, but we were TTC for long enough that I'd sob every month when I'd start my period.

(I'm one of Leah's friends; I linked to your blog from her blog.)

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home