World Wide Walskes

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And now, a refreshing sidebar

My cat licks windows. Information I've gotten on the Web says that he might have anemia or a vitamin deficiency. I plan to get it checked out. In the meantime, I'll just continue to think he's odd.

He's a snuggle kitty at night, but like clockwork every morning at 6:00 a.m., he makes his way from the bed to the bedroom window farthest from me. This is probably because he knows that the further the target, the worse my aim. Then he starts licking the window like it's the yummiest thing in his little kitty world. And I'm a light sleeper, so as soon as the licking begins, I'm awake. At 6:00 a.m. Which would be fine except that I don't have to get up for work until 7:00. So after I have thrown at him whatever I can reach, I try to go back to sleep.

But it gets worse! As if to make up to me for his early morning transgression, he climbs back on the bed and asks to get under the covers with me next to my pillow to snuggle! So now, I'm falling back asleep, and the snuggle ensues such that when my alarm goes off at 7:00, I oversleep and am then late for work.

This is just not fair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home