World Wide Walskes

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just in case you were wondering

I'm not writing about my post-insemination days this month because I have my head well and firmly stuck in the sand about it. I am not paying any attention, other than taking my daily temperature for my BBT chart. I'll let you know when my next cycle starts. Or not.

I am instead focusing on the wonderful progress that Dear Hubby and I are making in the front yard, and the impending move of my mother and sister-in-law.

Mom is coming from my home town in New Mexico. She has finally decided that there is nothing left for her there, and is interested in a change of scenery. I applaud this momentous change she is making! She has never been known to make momentous changes in her life without a looonnngggg period of deliberation beforehand. But this will be her 2nd momentous life change in 4 years, which is almost spur-of-the-moment for her! So, Dear Hubby will fly out in a couple of weeks to pack up her entire life and move it to the flatlands of Oklahoma.

The sister-in-law is moving back here from Texas. She moved there when my brother came back from Korea. But now that he has been extended in the desert, she is tired of living amongst other military wives who live in constant fear that the next knock on the door will bring the unit commander bearing the worst sort of tidings a wife who's husband is in a war zone can get.

And given that Dear Hubby and I have been in the military for so many years, this abundance of family coming to live so near is exciting. And a little scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home